Opening doors to learning and working in Europe
What is Europass?
- Europass is a new way of helping people make their qualifications and competences clearly and easily understood in EU Member States, EFTA/EEA countries and candidate countries.
- Europass brings together six documents that have been developed at European level to improve the transparency of qualifications. The aim of the Europass is to facilitate the mobility of both learners and workers throughout Europe.
How does Europass work?
Europass makes available several instruments in an easy to-use format:
- Europass CV: Anyone who wants to use Europass can do so by entering the Europass portal and completing the Europass CV online, with the help of an online tutorial and examples. The Europass CV enables people to make their competences visible, and other Europass documents can be attached to the CV.
- Europass Language Passport: The Europass language passport allows people to show their language competences, which are vital for learning and working throughout Europe. The Europass Language Passport, which can be completed through the Europass portal, is part of a wider document, developed by the Council of Europe as European Portfolio of Languages and then integrated into Europass.
- Europass Mobility: The Europass is a record of any organised period of time that a person spends abroad for the purpose of learning or training. This can include a work placement in a company, a semester in a university degree programme or other education and training experiences.
- Europass Diploma Supplement: The Europass Diploma Supplement is issued to graduates of higher education institutions along with their degree or diploma. It helps to ensure that higher education qualifications are more easily understood, especially outside the country where they were awarded. The Europass Diploma Supplement was developed jointly with UNESCO and the Council of Europe.
- Europass Certificate Supplement: The Europass Certificate Supplement is issued to people who hold a vocational certificate, in order to make this certificate more easily understood, especially by employers or institutions outside the issuing country. The information in the Europass Certificate Supplement is provided by the relevant certifying authorities in a common format for all holders of a specific certificate.
- European Skills Passport: The European Skills Passport is a user-friendly electronic folder to help students, workers or job-seekers build up personal, modular inventory of personal skills and qualifications acquired throughout life. It can contain a range of documents (Language Passport, copies of degrees, attestations of employment, etc.). When attached to a Europass CV, the European Skills Passport will reinforce the CV by bringing evidence of skills and qualifications listed.
Who is Europass for?
- Europass will be used by people who wish to communicate their qualifications and competences in an effective way. People will be able to use Europass when they are seeking jobs and when they wish to enter education and training programmes.
- Europass will be especially helpful when people move between countries to learn or to work, because:
- Europass will make it easier for employers to understand the qualifications and competences of job-seekers from other EU Member States.
- Europass will help education, training and guidance practitioners to advise people about the most suitable learning paths and opportunities.
What are the benefits of Europass?
- Europass will help citizens to convey their qualifications and competences in an effective way
- Europass provides a comprehensive tool for users based on an accessible electronic format
- Europass will enable people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to gain access to opportunities for learning and employment throughout Europe, particularly by helping people to move between countries or across employment sectors
- Europass will promote strong links between education and training, business and industry, ensuring the continuing relevance and adequate appreciation of competences and qualifications
- Europass is an open system to the transparency of competences and qualifications
Where can I get more information about Europass? (available in 26 languages)
Europass is supported by a network of National Europass Centres. To find your own National Europass Centre click here.
To learn more about Europass in Hungary, contact the Hungarian National Europass Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
További kérdése van?
Az Europass dokumentumokkal kapcsolatban további információkat igényel?
Tegye fel kérdését a Nemzeti Europass Központ munkatársának!
Telefonon: 06-1-236-5050 (hétköznap 9 – 13 óra között)